What is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is an illness that can spread from person to person. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus that was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
How does COVID-19 spread
The virus that causes COVID-19 probably emerged from an animal source, but now it seems to be spreading from person to person. It’s important to note that person-to-person spread can happen on a continuum. Some diseases are highly contagious while other diseases are less so. At this time, it’s unclear how easily or sustainably the virus that causes COVID-19 is spreading between people.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- Difficulty Breathing
- Muscle Pain
Prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Separate yourself from other people and pets in your home.
- Avoid public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis.
- Wear a cloth face covering that covers your nose and mouth in public settings.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
There is currently no vaccine to protect against COVID-19. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19.